Bed and Breakfast Amenities and Services
Experience all our bed and breakfast offers – without any resort fees. Indulge in the tropical sophistication of The Mermaid & The Alligator, a Key West bed and breakfast with a pool and an exquisite environment for the ultimate getaway. Let us show you the personality of our island while you make yourself at home in one of our nine unique rooms. Bask in the elegant atmosphere, complete with a full breakfast served in the garden area amidst the lush foliage each morning.
Complimentary Fresh Breakfast
Enjoy breakfast each morning in our garden area with a selection of delicious breakfast items. We’re happy to accommodate any special dietary needs or gluten allergies. Please provide a 72-hour advance notice.
- Daily Choices: Home-baked muffins, bagels with cream cheese, toast, English Muffins, selection of jams and honey, cereals, yogurt, boiled eggs, dark or medium-roast coffee, and fruit juices.
- Hot Entrée Options: Every morning we feature a different single hot entrée. Some selections include avocado toast, omelet, eggs (any style), breakfast sandwich, Belgian waffles, pancakes, and cinnamon French Toast.
Me Casa es Su Casa
With a plethora of outdoor seating options, including rocking chairs, chaise lounges, and benches, you will have no trouble finding the perfect spot for quiet contemplation. Or, if you prefer, you may relax and unwind in our spacious living room featuring Xfinity-TV, board games, and more.
Our Cabana, a more private option, is an ideal spot to enjoy our pineapple fountain, a symbol of hospitality. As an added perk, The Mermaid & The Alligator is one of few guest houses where the island’s best massage therapists come to you, offering single or couple’s massages in the Cabana, steps away from your room.
We offer on-site parking for one standard-sized vehicle on a first come, first serve basis. Larger vehicles will be parked with the manager’s discretion.
It’s the little things that matter. Enjoy a few indulgent treats during your stay at our bed and breakfast.
- 7 a.m. — Fresh coffee is brewing! Espresso, decaf, and tea are available upon request.
- 8:30 a.m. — Our complimentary breakfast is served in the garden area with home-baked goods and a hot entrée.
- Happy Hour is served from 4-5 pm daily. Enjoy complimentary red or white wine and light snacks.
- All Day Long — Enjoy a variety of beverages including various coffees, ice tea, multiple flavors of sparking water, and citrus water.
M & A Gardens
Immerse yourself in lush gardens with hidden walkways and grottos. Our 1904 Victorian mansion is nestled amidst a variety of tropical plants and a cozy canopy of palms. Where will you unwind after a day of island adventures?
- Read or escape from the day's heat in our tranquil lower gardens.
- Enjoy an afternoon nap in one of our chaise loungers poolside in the middle gardens.
- Hide away in the upper gardens near our pineapple fountain and cabana (also used for onsite massages).
- Relax in our heated plunge pool with built-in benches from sun-up to sundown.
- Stop by the Outdoor Pavilion to gather with friends. The Pavilion also has an ice machine, pool towels, sunscreen, beach chairs, coolers, and more – all included to enhance your stay. Please note, items are available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Returning guests adore our personalized service, from arranging dinner reservations to storing luggage on Sundays for Key West Express guests. Our concierge service can assist with:
- Bike storage and rentals
- Hop-on-hop-off air-conditioned shuttle
- Attraction tickets and tours downtown
- Booking massage treatments
- Convenient watersports booking station
- Our bed and breakfast is located between stop 13 and 14 on the Duval Loop – download the Duval app for live bus times!
Bring home a piece of Key West with you. In our gift shop, we offer several Mermaid & Alligator and Key West souvenirs, including:
- Coffee Mug Blue/White — $10
- Handmade Daneen Ceramic Mug — $30
- Baseball Cap — $15
- T-Shirts – Classic T or Women’s Cut — $20
Florida Pure Salt Scrubs
- 9 oz. — $5.95
- 12 oz. — $19.95
- 24 oz. — $29.95
A 7.5% Florida Sales Tax is added to each purchase.