Key West Hotel near Fort Zachary Taylor
Take the 50-minute free tour of Fort Zachary to see their Civil War cannons and also to learn more about the fort’s historic role in the Cuban Missile Crisis. In addition to visiting the Fort, you can explore several trails winding in and around the fort. Come prepared with comfortable walking shoes and walk along trails with native trees, wildflowers, birds, and iguanas.
Explore The State Park
Visit the beaches during your stay at our hotel near Fort Zachary Taylor in Key West. In addition to sunbathing and walking along the water, Fort Zachary Taylor State Park has the best beach for swimming on the west side of the island. This historic site boasts a Civil War-era fort to explore and is one of the best places to watch a Key West sunset.
Make sure to rent a bike at The Mermaid & The Alligator! The park is only a 10-minute ride from our hotel. Also, Key West beaches are more rocky and less sandy, so wear water shoes!
- General Park Hours: Daily, 10 a.m.—5 p.m. (Open until 6 p.m. during Daylight Savings Time)
- Fort Hours: Daily, 10 a.m.—5 p.m.
- Cayo Hueso Café and Beach Rentals: Daily, 10 a.m.—6 p.m. (Rent Umbrellas, Lounge Chairs, Snorkels)
- Park Entrance Fee: $4.50 for One Person or $7 for Two
- Ride, Bike, or Walk Entrance Fee: $2.50