Hotel Policies — The Mermaid & The Alligator
Before you book a stay with us in Key West, read up on all our hotel policies in one convenient location and learn how they can possibly impact your stay with us at The Mermaid & The Alligator.
- Length of stay restrictions can vary due to the time of year and/or special events. Inquire directly with the hotel for any questions on specific details.
- To secure a reservation, we require a deposit equal to one night's stay including tax. The balance is due upon check-in.
- Shorter stays are often available and are based on availability. Call us directly to find out about availability.
- Rates are for single or double occupancy.
- Rates are subject to change and are based on availability.
- The minimum age to book a room at our property is 21. The Mermaid & The Alligator is an adult-only property for guests 21 years of age and above.
- Complimentary parking is available for one standard size vehicle. Larger vehicles are parked at the manager’s discretion.
- Our home is an indoor and outdoor smoke-free environment.
- All rooms are designed to accommodate one or two adult guests; sorry, no guests under 16 are permitted.
- No pets are allowed. We can accommodate only trained, certified Service Animals covered by the American with Disabilities Act.
- We are a smoke-free property. Any rooms that require cleaning for smoke are subject to a $250 fine.
Reservation and Cancellation Policies
Due to the small number of rooms, cancellations and shortened stays impact us greatly. Reservations cancelled more than 14 days prior to arrival will be refunded the deposit less a $35 bookkeeping fee plus tax per room reserved. Reservations shortened or cancelled 14 days or less will be assessed a first-night's stay charge and any additional night if we are unable to re-book that room. No refunds will be offered for early departures.
For holidays and specific events such as Fantasy Fest, Christmas, and New Year's Eve, our rates will vary. Minimum stays, a 50% deposit, and a 60-day cancellation period are required. Call the property for details and additional information.
Check-In / Checkout
Check-in time is 3:00 p.m. Checkout time is 11:00 a.m. For early arrivals and late departures, we will be glad to store your luggage or have your car in the parking area to facilitate your Key West experience. If you are planning to arrive after 7:00 p.m., call us prior to 7:00 p.m. at the property so we can provide you with information for a late check-in. If you cannot call until after 7:00 p.m., you must call our after-hours number at (305) 384-1170.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover. We don’t accept personal checks.
We cannot be responsible for delays, interruptions, cancellations, or inconveniences to your trip due to weather. However, if you have a confirmed reservation and you are due to arrive within 24 hours and an evacuation order due to a hurricane warning is in effect, you will receive a full refund; or you may transfer any deposits made to a future stay. If you have already arrived on the island and an evacuation order is placed, you will receive a refund for the unused portion of your stay. Note: in the event of a hurricane evacuation order, you must leave the island — there is no exception. Monroe County Emergency Management has developed a fax and phone notification system to notify us of such orders. If you choose not to use your reservation due to an impending storm, but an evacuation order notice is not in effect, a refund cannot be offered, and our standard cancellation policy applies.
We strongly urge you to purchase travel insurance. If purchased in advance, it will cover any accommodation losses and travel expenses due to weather, including hurricanes. Find additional information about coverage options and policies of Travel Guard.
Our Best Rate Guarantee
The Mermaid & The Alligator uses all sorts of websites to help you find our bed and breakfast for your travels to Key West. We want you to know that we will always guarantee the best rate when you book directly through our website or through our reservation team members. If you feel you have found a better rate on another website, don’t hesitate to call us directly at (305) 294-1894 so we can extend our best rate to you. This is our guarantee that working directly with us is always the best way to reserve your stay at The Mermaid & The Alligator.