Key West Events Close to Our Hotel
Do you want to know what’s going on in Key West? Look no further! The staff at The Mermaid & The Alligator have curated a list of the coolest, most exciting events happening in Key West, from festivals to live music to boat races.
Some of the best Key West festivals occur in the spring, including parades, themed costume parties, and a variety of creative activities!
Fun in the sun has never been so sweet.
- Key Lime Festival: Our citrus celebration coincides with the 4th of July for an extra delicious Independence Day!
- Hemingway Days: This July festival celebrates one of America’s most famous writers with poetry readings, look-a-like contests, and a marlin tournament!
- Lobster Fest: The biggest party of the summer comes with fresh lobster, cold drinks, and live music.
- Key West Brewfest: Indulge in over 150 varieties of beer at this popular Key West event!
- Fort Zachary Taylor State Park hosts many of Key West’s boat races, sculpture contests, and concerts.
- Fantasy Fest: Better known as Florida’s Mardi Gras on steroids and one of the top things to do in Key West.
- Power Boat Races: Top speed ahead for the World Championships each November at Super Boat International!
- Key West Film Festival: Immerse yourself in local art and culture at this film festival showcasing the best of Florida filmmakers.
Choose refreshing ocean breezes and a variety of special winter events!
- Mile O Festival Holiday Lighted Boat Festival: Join the lighted boat parade and see Key West come to life with holiday lights!
- Light Festivals: Tour downtown streets, historic homes, and beloved restaurants strung with Christmas lights.